Follow these simple pool opening steps to quickly and correctly open your pool so your family can enjoy it at the first sign of pool weather:
If your pool was covered or partially drained, then remove the cover, lay it out flat to dry, brush off dirt and debris, then fold it neatly for storage.
- Add water to your pool until it reaches the middle of the skimmer opening.
- Check your pump, skimmer and filter to ensure they are working properly.
- Remove any debris by skimming the water surface and vacuuming.
- Test and balance water.
- Adjust Free Chlorine to 1-4 ppm.
- Shock water to remove lingering contaminants.
- Consider a preventative algaecide.
- Run pump for 24 hours when it’s first opened and then at least eight hours a day.