Opening Your Pool in Spring
Follow these simple pool opening steps to quickly and correctly open your pool so your family can enjoy it at the first sign of pool weather:
If your pool was covered or partially drained, then remove the cover, lay it out flat to dry, brush off dirt and debris, then fold it neatly for storage.
- Add water to your pool until it reaches the middle of the skimmer opening.
- Check your pump, skimmer and filter to ensure they are working properly.
- Remove any debris by skimming the water surface and vacuuming.
- Test and balance water.
- Adjust Free Chlorine to 1-4 ppm.
- Shock water to remove lingering contaminants.
- Consider a preventative algaecide.
- Run pump for 24 hours when it’s first opened and then at least eight hours a day.